Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A blog?! What's that?

An invitation to view my blog met with What's a blog? Why would anyone want to do that?

Everyone's motivation for writing a blog is different no doubt. A few gifted people want to share what they know about a subject of interest to others: productivity, gardening, how to raise parrots, you name it.

Most bloggers, I think, use it as a tool to keep friends and family updated and display the latest photo of the kids.

Why do I blog? It's simple: I've got to write somewhere. Writing is what I do. I write most mornings in a paper journal. It's great for recording what's been happening and what I think/feel about it. If you were to peruse it, you would also read where I've tried to make sense of and bring order to my world. In many respects this blog is an electronic extension of my journal.

But that wasn't my intention when I signed on for the NaBloPoMo challenge. I really wanted to explore the theme of tomorrow from a number of angles. What I've found, though, is that in order to get something posted daily, I have to resort to journal/diary type stuff - with photos to illustrate. And I've had a lot of fun with it and I hope folks who read it have been entertained.

Mostly though in recent years, I write to leave a record for my daughter, her children and theirs (yet to come). They may want to know more about who I was. Hints are everywhere - hidden - sort of like Easter eggs. Boxes of journals, more boxes of typed pages, lots of papers written for college, poems and prose on odd pieces of paper, some drawings. And this blog is just one more colored egg for the basket. -- this is what great-great granny wrote when she had to post every single day for a month.

Well....I'll be back here tomorrow, I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment