Monday, August 24, 2009

Tomorrow -- I Promise

It's a blessing that Beau doesn't know about tomorrow. I would be ashamed if he had a count of all the promises for a walk tomorrow that never materialized. He simply wakes up every day open to the possibility of a walk, a ride, whatever comes his way.

I'm not any better at keeping promises I make to myself -- Tomorrow I will: eat more vegetables, clean out that closet, sew on that button, make time for yoga, write that article, be kinder, be on time, be a better version of me, scan photos, write thank you notes...I could fill pages with this. Maybe you could too.

We promise. We plan, knowing that the tomorrow we see shrouded in mist before us could knock us for a loop when it rises up, urgent and demanding under our feet. But you and I, we humans, are a relentlessly hopeful species.

And so, tonight I promise myself that I will begin writing my post earlier in the day tomorrow. I want to give you my best writing instead of what my sleepy, foggy brain can produce at the very end of my day. Wishing you the best, whatever your plans and promises for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment