Monday, August 3, 2009

An Explorer's Life

Tomorrow is an unknown land, an unexplored territory. I haven't been there. No one has. Yet I never stop trying to see it in my imagination; my mind's eye ceaselessly searches out its form. How do I map a destination built entirely of hope and expectation? I hope to reach tomorrow's shore and greet morning's first light from my big green chair writing. I hope that my traverse through tomorrow is pleasant, enriching and rewarding, that the people I meet are welcoming. But I haven't yet navigated safely through tonight, and the most skillful travel agent cannot keep tomorrow from changing my itinerary without notice. And isn't it the detours and unexpected adventures that I'll remember long after the tour as planned is forgotten?

Here's wishing us all courage for the journey and safe passage to tomorrow's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment